For the second challenge I finished a skirt I was in the middle of making. I used Butterick 4954view C but without the train. This is actually almost identical to a skirt I wear all the time that I bought a couple of years ago from Shukr, I love that skirt and couldn't pass up this pattern.
I used a light purple linen I bought in November, it's so soft and pretty, I love it. I didn't pay attention to how long it took to complete, but if I had a zipper foot when I started, I would have been able to finish it in a day or a couple of days.
I'm not sure but I think the pattern is going for late Victorian and maybe Edwardian for the view I made? It reminds me of some Edwardian skirts I've seen pictures of. I'm sure it's not very historically accurate though, there's a zipper and I'm not sure they used linen during this era (which ever era it's supposed to be!) but it's what I had that I could finish in time. I thought of finishing my renaissance bodice I started a couple years ago but I just didn't. And that one's no more historically accurate than this skirt it! I mean to finish it at some point though, hopefully I can use it for another challenge.
Here it is. I put a yellow velvet ribbon on the seam for the upper and lower portions of the skirt. It's a little big in the waist and a touch too long. But with heels, the length will be just fine for me. The waist though, if I make this pattern again, I'll have to make it a size smaller I believe.
Halfway through hand sewing the trim on Friday, I had to leave around noon. When I got back, the cat had decided to use it as his bed for the next eight to ten hours. He was not letting me pass.
Finally finished it Saturday afternoon and got pictures this morning. I wanted to put it on and take some pictures outside but it's kind of drizzly and the grass is all wet and muddy. I'm planning to make a white top to go with it, but I haven't found a pattern for that yet.