My kids needed some new school uniforms and I had planned to make them over the winter break but I just never got around to it. That seems to happen quite often. But I did eventually get them made. I made a jumper for my oldest, I do need to make another though. And I made a little red jacket for my youngest. I'll have to make another for my older girl, but for now, she can use one of the jackets she already has.
The pattern I used was Simplicity 1723 and it was so easy, it really goes together very quickly. It's great that you get so many different clothing pieces in the same envelope! I want to make the skirt sometime, too.
I think the jacket is so cute and also it was very simply with only three pattern pieces. Another thing I liked about the jacket was the way the lining is attached, there's no hemming that needs to be done! When you turn it right side out, it's all finished. The fabric I used was a polyester gabardine I got for over half off at Joanns. It frays like crazy though so I overcast the edges.
I used a cotton print I had left over from another project for the lining.
For the jumper I used a poly poplin in navy blue, it's a lot darker than the picture looks. It has an exposed zipper instead of a regular one because I don't currently have a zipper foot with my new machine...I really need to get one though.
Here's the zipper: